Friday, December 15, 2017

Are You Having Doubt About Your Rewriting? Me Too.

Steps on for how to rewrite your novel.

1. Put it aside for a little while.
           
2. Read it.

I have read my novel.

I want to hide it under the bed never to let it see the light of day again.

Yeah, it's bad. It's embarrassing bad.

What was I thinking?

I wanted to start the rewrite on December 1st.  What day is it?  December 15!

I hoped that it wouldn't be much I had to work on this time, but this story still doesn't have a good villain or conflict. I thought I ironed this little crease out. Apparently not.

Once again I have a few good scenes but they mean nothing if I don't have good conflict. The parts where the conflict fade or doesn't exist are silly. I knew I didn't have a strong ending but I thought it was because I needed a break from the story. I took a two months break.

I want to enter a writing contest in August called PitchWars. Can I make it?

Self doubt has settled in like a fog in my brain, with a lock. A big one, the size of my head.

So my second piece of advice: read your story and find all plot holes.

You might keep finding them but don't let it freeze you like it has me.


Now I just want to take a nap or work on my to do list for the New Year's.  Or maybe I'll go work on this novel and let it live. Maybe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Writing Routine

My Writing Routine Do I have a Writing Routine? Kinda. Do I write every day? No. Do I think about my novel every day? Yes. ...