Monday, August 6, 2018

Boost My Bio

Welcome Pitch Wars Mentors and Hopefuls,

I'm Annie Gray. This is my first time entering Pitch Wars. It's both exciting and nerves racking for me. I have known about it for a while and finally feel confidence enough to enter. I would like to thanks the #turtlewriters over at Twitter for their support.

 I wanted to enter last year but my story wasn't ready yet. I got TMJ I wanted to enter so bad after looking over the mentors' wish lists. This motivated me to work hard on my novel this past year.

About my book:

Make a wish at the local coffee shop, The Coffee Barn.


Rumor has it, the baristas grant any desire, so be the consequence.


Seventeen-year-old Mercy, born with hearing loss, avoids bullies in the crowded halls and cafeteria, where she can't understand a word spoken. But when she witnesses a classmate kissing the young football coach during one of her detours, Mercy draws what she saw and doesn’t know who to trust with it. With her older brother and his girlfriend gone off to college, she has no protection or support at school—especially when her art teacher, the cousin of the football coach, discovers Mercy’s drawing and bullies her too. Alone, she wishes for the characters in her graphic novel to exist in real life.


Two strangers walk into town the day Mercy writes her wish on a coffee cup at The Coffee Barn. When one of the strangers crosses paths with her and pulls her from a car wreck, she’s shocked to learn he looks, walks, talks, and answers to the name of Liam, like one of her characters. She refuses to believe he’s the result of her wish.

Liam will to do anything for his sister, even follow a feeble clue to a find their aunt in a small farming town. If they find her it could mean a chance to have a family again and no more living from friend's house to friend's house. When the clue lead them to The Coffee Barn he catch a glimpse of Mercy. After he pulled her from a wrecked car she helped him find another clue.

In exchanged for helping him finding his aunt, he enrolled at her school in order protect her.

When Mercy realizes she’s falling in love with Liam, she must face the truth that he might only be her wish come true, who’s been compelled to care about her. To make matters worse, she’s not the only one who knows.

A few things that inspired CLARITY:

Switched at Birth

Dream Knight (K-drama)

In Jr. high, everyone sitting around a table getting up and leaving me once I sat down and not understand why since I couldn't hear in the crowded cafeteria.  

My own hearing loss.


The local cafe and my love of coffee.

Landon Pigg's Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A Writing Routine

My Writing Routine Do I have a Writing Routine? Kinda. Do I write every day? No. Do I think about my novel every day? Yes. ...